Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
I'm sure we can all agree that temptations are running rampant around this time of the year between holiday parties and Grandma's baked goods. Treating yourself should be enjoyable, before, during, and after! Whenever I go to a holiday gathering, I don't show up empty-handed--instead, I use these festive times as an opportunity to take on a new challenge in the kitchen. I get the satisfaction of creating a new and delicious recipe, plus I don't have to worry about what to eat at the party! These Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bites are completely raw vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, and they taste absolutely amazing!
Caramel Apple "Cheesecake" Bites
These bite-size delights are full of raw, whole-food goodness, and they make for the perfect holiday treat! Honeycrisp apples, cinnamon spice, and ooey-gooey caramel drizzle make for a festive combo, and cheesecake made with raw nuts makes for a healthy dairy alternative!
raw vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, cinnamon-spicey + delicious
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2/3 cup dried mulberries (or raisins)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 4 teaspoons water
- Grind almonds in a food processor.
- Add mulberries and ground flax and continue grinding.
- Add water and pulse to incorporate. Dough should hold together when molded and shaped, if not, add more water.
- Press crust into mini cupcake or tart pans, and place into freezer while making creamy, apple cheesecake filling.
apple cheesecake filling ingredients:
- 1 cup diced, peeled apples (I used Honeycrisp)
- 1 cup raw, soaked cashews
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Spoon the apple cream into each of the tart crusts, and place back in the freezer to chill while making the caramel apple topping.
caramel apple ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lucuma powder (optional)
- 1.5 tablespoons raw almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced small
- Whip all ingredients together except the apple to make caramel sauce.
- Fold in the apple until evenly coated and place on top of the cheesecake tarts to serve!
- To brighten up your cheesecake bites, try adding pomegranate arils to the top of each!
Feed Your Soul
EatMoveRest is all about finding balance between the three things we all do every day. To me, a comfortable and aesthetically pleasing home, or nest, is essential to overall well-being. There's nothing I love more than to get creative with the placement of special pieces throughout our home, especially around the holidays, and I very much consider the process not work, but Rest for my soul.
HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS
a white christmas
Deck The Halls
We are Christmas elves, through and through! Dusty and I purchased our first home in the fall and moved in over Thanksgiving weekend, and immediately decked the halls for Christmas. We always feel that our humble abode is the most alive during the winter months, when we can embellish our surroundings with all of the decorations that made our house a home that very first year!
Have a sweet holiday
This holiday season, I pray that you all take the time to do whatever it is that gives your soul Rest--whether that be creating something with your hands, crafting a new recipe, going on an outdoor adventure, or simply spending more downtime by the fireside with loved ones.
'Tis the season to practice self-love, self-care, and embody a spirit of Joy!
I hope that all of you have a Very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
See you in 2018!