Eat The Rainbow
Pad Thai has always been a favorite of my and Dusty's, but restaurant versions are typically laden with oil, over-salted, and too sweet, not to mention, they may not be gluten-free!
Our Raw Rainbow Pad Thai recipe incorporates all of the colors of the rainbow in the form of fresh, seasonal veggies! Enjoy this quick & simple, nutritious & delicious, plant-powered, indulgence for lunch or dinner in no time at home!
Count Colors, Not Calories
Raw, living, whole, and pure foods are positively nourishing and life-giving! If there's one thing I learned since going plant-based, it's that you can eat to your heart's content! Rather than counting calories, you're free to focus instead on incorporating all of the colors of the rainbow into your diet!
Raise Your Vibration
If you're in the area, be sure to check out Nebraska's first annual yoga, music, and plant-based food festival: High Vibe Festival in Omaha at Stinson Park and Aksarben Village, put on by Lotus House of Yoga! Dusty and I are honored to have been invited to share our knowledge and passion for a whole foods, plant-based lifestyle in two separate talks!
In the AM, we will be discussing Finding Balance, and doing the 3 things we all do every day, that we could be doing better: EatMoveRest. We plan to expand on the importance of bringing your best self every day, by finding balance and practicing self-love and self-care. Come with an appetite for a Pin-worthy Pad Thai food demo, and watch as we whip up our rad, Raw Rainbow Pad Thai *wink wink* and show you a few fun, food tricks to make a Pinterest-worthy, nutritious meal. Time will be allotted for a Q+A and group discussion on plant-based diet, fitness, and mindfulness.
In the afternoon, we will be covering The Art of Living Raw, where we plan to touch on the importance of incorporating an abundance of colorful, living, raw foods into your diet, as well as other aspects of living raw, like being authentic, transparent, true to yourself, honoring your soul, and listening to your intuition. Our afternoon talk will be accompanied by an Insta-smoothie Bowl demo & tasting, where we'll show you how to make delicious, Instagram-worthy, Açaí and Pitaya smoothie bowls!
Raw Rainbow Pad Thai
There are more than enough colors in this epic, plant-powered recipe to get your body revved up and ready to live! Enjoy this noodle-y, Asian-inspired delight alongside some tofu for added protein, or sliced mango for a tropical twist!
vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, rainbow-licious
- 1 medium zucchini, spiralized or julienned
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup frozen, shelled edamame, thawed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari or nama shoyu
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2.5 teaspoons pure maple syrup, agave (or other sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- Prep vegetables and add to large bowl and mix with hands.
- Place all ingredients for dressing in blender or mini processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour dressing into bowl with vegetables and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds & sesame seeds and enjoy!
- Add tofu for an extra kick of protein.
- Add sliced mango for a tropical twist.
As Seen On YouTube
Saturate Your Life
Feeling like you're in a slump? Eat the rainbow, brighten up your wardrobe, and add some color to your surroundings! Saturate your life for a quick and vibrant way to improve your energy, alertness, and happiness!
I hope you all enjoyed this recipe! Leave me a comment, let me know what you thought, and tell me how you plan to brighten up your life!