ISSUE NO. 1 // Erin Stanczyk
Nothing is more nourishing for the body than raw, whole foods. In The Raw takes that same idea and applies it to people. Through telling stories, imparting wisdom, offering advice, and sharing experiences, we are able to inspire and be inspired—our souls are fed. Humanity is all about connection. We are all ONE! There's nothing processed or packaged about that! It's Raw!
Hi, and welcome! "In the Raw" is a Q+A series I am starting where I plan to interview friends, family, coworkers, local business owners, and just plain interesting individuals—real people! Sometimes when you read a celebrity interview, you have to wonder how much of what they are saying is paid advertising (i.e. I use insert well-known product for my soft, supple skin! $Cha-Ching!). None of that here! Just real, raw people that you might know or pass by and wonder about or might be able to learn a thing or two from! I thought I'd start by telling you a little about myself!
- Daily Breakfast: Green smoothie or fresh fruit with nuts/seeds
- Cure-all: Coconut oil or apple cider vinegar
- Can’t Live Without My: Glass water bottle and a cup of green tea
- Favorite Workout: A combination of cardio and weights followed up with some yoga poses and stretching!
- Once A Week For My Health: Epsom salt bath with essential oils
- On Tap: I love my Sodastream! Carbonated water with a squeeze of lemon is the best!
- Best Fast Food Option: A Chipotle burrito bowl with lettuce, brown rice, black beans, tomato, corn and a side of guac!
- Best Healthy Restaurant Tip: I try to pre-eat if I don't think there will be very healthy options. Most local restaurants are very accommodating to different diets and health concerns and often times chefs love to whip up a big colorful salad of veggies and/or fruits!
- At Least Once A Week I Cook: A big veggie stew with sweet potatoes, beets, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, and my secret Indian seasoning mix!
- Words To Live By: Balance and moderation are key!
- Must-Reads: The Bible, The Purpose Driven Life, The Power of Possibility, The Happiness Project
- Health Hero: Rich Roll has an incredible story and I love his podcast!
- Crazy Health Idea That Actually Works: Oil-pulling with coconut oil. Your dentist will have nothing but goods things to say!
- My Food Philosophy In One Sentence: I believe in eating a whole-food, plant-based diet, but I also don’t subscribe to any dietary labels, as they are too limiting.
- Non-Negotiable: Self-love and self-care
- Simplest Way To Improve Health: Eat. Move. Rest. …the Lifestyle Design way! And, if you can't read it, don't eat it!
- Favorite Healthy Getaway: Local: Lotus House of Yoga, Abroad: Le Blanc Spa Resort, Cancun
- My Current Mantra: Always be conscious of the story you are telling yourself.
- My Health Passion: Making healthy meals with my husband and sharing healthy lifestyle wisdom with friends and loved ones!
- Health Trend To Skip: Coconut oil or butter in your coffee. Blah!
- My Go-To Juice Or Smoothie: Juice - celery, kale, parsley or cilantro, lemon, cucumber, ginger; Smoothie: banana, Garden of Life Raw Protein, almond or coconut milk, chia, flax, hemp, spinach or kale, ginger, ice, blend!
So there's me in a nutshell. I hope you enjoyed! I am looking so forward to posting more on everything above, and sharing health and wellness information with you in the form of recipes, trips, tricks, and videos. Here you will also find posts on other things I'm passionate about, from relationship advice to home decor and fashion! Most importantly, I am here for YOU! I love to receive questions, comments, and suggestions for future blog content! Leave a comment or shoot me a private email!
Designed for Your Lifestyle,